La Louvière Boat Lift
in Belgium
Canal du Centre Lifts (Belgium): The La Louvière Boat Lift was opened in 1888, with three other lifts of 16.93m rise opening in 1917. The first lift was designed by M. P. Nolet, an engineer at the Société Cockerill, Seraing, employed by Clark, Standfield and Clark. The framework of this lift was lattice girders rather than the masonry of Les Fontinettes.[1]
1885 Engineering in 1885 provided an illustration of the lift and described the background to its construction[2]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ [1] The International Canal Monuments List
- ↑ Engineering 1885/07/31