Hambling and Son
of Norwich Road, East Dereham
- 1836 Thomas and Robert Hambling are described as Brass founders
- 1845 They are known additionally as millwrights
- 1854 Robert is described as a Whitesmith and bell hanger and a manufacturer of steam engines, implements and machines for agricultural use
- 1864 Robert is listed at Norwich Road and Thomas is in the High Street. This is the last mention of Thomas
- 1875 Hambling and Son were listed as 'Engineers, millwrights, and manufacturers of prize patent self-feeding threshers'
- 1877 The business had been acquired by Charles Middleton
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press