Hambling and Son
of Norwich Road, East Dereham
1836 Thomas and Robert Hambling are described as Brass founders
1845 They are known additionally as millwrights
1854 Robert is described as a Whitesmith and bell hanger and a manufacturer of steam engines, implements and machines for agricultural use
1864 Robert is listed at Norwich Road and Thomas is in the High Street. This is the last mention of Thomas
1875 Hambling and Son were listed as 'Engineers, millwrights, and manufacturers of prize patent self-feeding threshers'
1877 The business had been acquired by Charles Middleton
See Also
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Norfolk by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1948 by The Augustine Steward Press