English's Needles
of Feckenham, Worcs
c.1750 [[Job English] started a needle business. Outworkers made needles and fishing hooks from wire, which Job English sold around the country.
1823 John English Jr took over the business from his father, also called John.
1873 The company took over the Eagle Mill in Studeley.
1876 The company passed to J. J. W. Gutch, John English's son-in-law.
1882 John English and Son registered two trademarks.
1925 All connections with Feckenham ended.
John English and Son merged with Needle Industries, which was later taken over by Coats Viyella.
See Also
Sources of Information
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5