Rover Cycle Co



Formerly J. K. Starley and Co
1896 A public company, the Rover Cycle Co, was registered on 13 June, to take over the business of J. K. Starley and Co. Directors are: F. D. Dixon-Hartland, Alfred H. Griffiths, Richard R. Beard and J. K. Starley. The works consisted of three factories and a floor area of more than 40,000 square feet. [1] [2]
1896 Other records say Harry Smith was MD at this time
Designer Edmund W. Lewis joined from Daimler
Ernest Forrester joined as Chief Tester
1905 The company's name was changed in November to the Rover Co.