Ballycorus Lead Smelting Works
c1807 The lead mine opened at Ballycorus, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
1826 Taken over by Mining Company of Ireland (MCI) who owned and operated the site up until closure in 1913. After the mine was exhausted in the 1860s, Ballycorus continued to operate as a smelting facility receiving ore from other MCI sites such as the mines in Glendalough, County Wicklow.[1]