Waterloo Tin Works
1874-1898 Waterloo Tin Works appeared between the first edition Ordnance Survey 6 inch map of 1874 and the 1901 edition (surveyed in 1898).
1891 A terrace of houses, Waterloo Row, was erected to the east at Ty'n-y-coedcae for the tinplate workers.
c1903 Construction of the factory (inference but not sure this fits with the above).
1922 The works had four mills that were converted to electricity in 1922.
c.1940 The tin works are believed to have closed
WWII Used as a Naval storage depot
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] Coflein - Waterloo Works