Quarry Works, Frindsbury
Quarry Works at Frindsbury, makers of cement
c.1889 The works were probably put up in 1889 by the Gillingham Portland Cement Co. Ltd.
1893 The Company built a new works on the Thames rather than develop Quarry Works, owing to the difficulties of chalk supply.
1895 The works was purchased by J. Bazely White and Brothers.
1900 Passed to Associated Portland Cement Manufacturers.
See Also
Sources of Information
- [1] Cement works at Frindsbury