Tal-y-Cafn Bridge
This is the only road bridge over the River Conwy between Conwy and Llanrwst.
The first bridge, opened in 1897, was a steel lattice girder bridge (Engineer: W. Alfred Dawson). This was replaced in 1977-8 by the present Callender-Hamilton Bridge, using the original abutments and cast iron piers. It was assembled through and around the old bridge. Once completed, the new bridge was lowered onto the piers by cutting away piece-by-piece the old bridge.
The bridge also carries water in a pipe from Llyn Dulyn and Llyn Melynllyn in the Carneddau mountains to the coastal town of Llandudno.
The above information is largely condensed from the Wikipedia entry for Tal-y-Cafn.