Barbury and Downes
Former employees of the Hobart Cycle and Motorcycle Co having been made managers of the company in 1918.
1919 Introduced the 'Wee McGregor', a lightweight 170 cc machine
By 1923 they were at new premises in Wellington Street and had introduced the 'Coventry B&D' with JAP engines, and the 'Coventry B&S' with engines from Barr and Stroud.
Sometime the name Coventry Bicycles was established for the business
1931 They introduced the 'Three Spires' motorcycle
1936 Coventry Bicycles became the Associated Cycle Manufacturers of Coventry