C. J. R. Fryson
of Mount Works, Soham
- 1848 Company established by Richard Fryson , a millwright who stated 'windmills built in a superior manner' and 'steam engines erected and applied to any kind of machinery'
- c1880 The business passed to his son Charles Richard Fryson
- 1894 The first portable engine (T1) made
- c1920 Richard Wallace Fryson acquired the business
- 1924 The last engine was made
- They made 18 engines in total. The first was a portable and the remainder were traction types
- 1950 Company still trading
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1950 by The Augustine Steward Press