A. Barnett and Co
of 22-28 High Street, Coventry, and at 58 West Orchard
Invicta were motorcycles produced from 1902 to 1906 and from 1913 to 1925.
Company formed by Arthur Barnett
1913 The Invicta name returned to the market with a small range of lightweights designed by Arthur Barnett.
Barnett constructed the Invicta at his works at West Orchard, Coventry. The machines were fitted with 269cc Villiers two-stroke engines with petroil lubrication and a chain-driven magneto. Two models were offered; both had Druid forks. One was belt driven, the other had a two-speed Jardine gear and chain-cum-belt drive.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of motorcycles see the 1917 Red Book
1921-31 Listed as a 'motorcar manufacturer'.
National Motorcycle Museum exhibits:-
- 1914 Invicta, Villiers, 269cc
Sources of Information
The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X