Advance Electronics, makers of electronic test and measuring instruments and control equipment, of Hainault and Bishops Stortford
c.1932 Company founded by Arthur William Stapleton
1954 The company became Advance Components of Walthamstow
1959 Share placing.
1962 Rights issue
1963 Acquired Pentechnique of Cheltenham, makers of electronic counters.
1964 Change of name to Advance Electronics. New factory at Hainault.
1967 New factory to be built at Bishops Stortford
1969 Volstat Division moved to Bishops Stortford; made more room for Instruments Division at Hainault.
1974 Take-over by Gould Inc of Chicago.
1999 Llanrwst factory closed
See Company web site
Sources of Information
- The Times, 16 November 1959
- The Times, 13 April 1962
- The Times, 30 October 1962
- The Times, 13 March 1963
- The Times, 29 April 1968
- The Times, 17 August 1974