Ardrossan and Johnstone Railway
This line came from the Glasgow, Paisley and Ardrossan Canal and opened from Glasgow to Johnstone in 1810.
A steam section to Ardrossan opened in 1831 with a total length of 22.5 miles with its four branches included
In 1840 the company rid itself of the canal interests and changed its name to the Ardrossan Railway.
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990