1891 Commenced construction of a railway track on the eastern side of Bengal
1892 The Assam Bengal Railway was incorporated to serve British-owned tea plantations in Assam.
1895 The metre gauge line was a state owned but company operated railway
1895 July 1st. The 93 mile section between Chittagong and Comilla and the 38 mile section between Laksam and Chandpur were opened to traffic.
1895 November 3rd. The section from Chittagong to Chittagong Port opened.
1896 The section from Comilla-Akhaura-Karimganj was opened
1898 Silchar branch opened
1899 Opened first jetty at Chittagong (known as old berth No.1 and later as berth No.4)
1900 Gauhati (Guwahati) branch opened
1903 The section to Tinsukia was opened
1903 Connected to Dibru-Sadiya Railway
1903 The Noakhali branch opened - built by the Noakhali (Bengal) Railway Co and merged with the Assam Bengal Railway 1906
1904 February 16th. Official opening of the 740 miles between Bengal and Assam by Lord Curzon
Sources of Information
-  Indian Railway History.
- Hundred Years of Pakistan Railways by M. B. K. Malik. Published 1962