B. F. Williams
of Elephant Works, Wolverhampton
of Bell Cycle Works, Stafford Street, Wolverhampton.
Manufacturer of all kinds of tin, sheet iron, brass, copper and nickel-plated goods. Manufactured baths, dish covers, meat screens, fish kettles, teapots, steel travelling trunks, deed and despatch boxes, etc.
The "Elephant" was a registered trade mark.
Early 1890s Business established at the Elephant Works
By 1897 B.F. Williams made cycles at a new, purpose-built factory in Stafford Street. Cycles were produced under the names of towns such as York, Canterbury, and Bristol.
The business of the Midland Plating Co was later carried on at the Elephant works, nickel-plating and enamelling for the cycle trade, brass founders and locksmiths.
Sources of Information
- Williams