Barfords of Belton
Barfords of Belton of Belton, Grantham.
1960 BARFORDS of Belton was constituted as an independent Company in 1946 to handle the Barford ranges of Steam Cooking equipment for farm stock food, dairy farm sterilizers, boilers, bottle washing and filling machines, a drainage trench cutter, and the “Atom” multi-purpose horticultural tractor. At the end of 1953 the present premises at Belton, near Grantham, were occupied. Since then, whilst maintaining the existing range of products, many new agricultural lines have been developed, such as a power scythe, a rotary grass cutter known as the ‘Rotomo’, the ‘Lined’ and ‘Barford’ ditch and dyke cleaners, a forage harvester and a bale loader. At the same time, a complete new Building Plant division has been created to manufacture concrete mixers and small capacity dumpers. This arose from inter-Group reorganization and led to substantial additions to factory floor space two years ago.
Sources of Information
- Aveling-Barford News Vol 3 No. 1 (Summer 1960)
- The Times, Sep 16, 1976