by the River Severn between Ironbridge and Coalport.
Originally built between 1757 and 1759 by the Madeley Wood Furnace Co. They were among the first blast furnaces to be specifically designed for coke as fuel, rather than charcoal. They ceased operation c.1843 when production moved to Blists Hill. The only remains are part of one of the furnaces and rear walls and foundations of the blowing engine house.
Sources of Information
- Information from onsite display board