Bourne, Bartley and Co of Mayor Street, Manchester were machinists between 1838 and 1840.
- Possibly built a locomotive 
- 1839 Bourne, Bartley & Co advertised 'A locomotive for sale with six of their patent wheels, now undergoing a most satisfactory trial on the Liverpool and Manchester Railway' 
- Pigot & Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1841 does not link Bourne and Bailey as a company, but gives the following information: John Frederick Bourne, engineer, house 25 New York Street; John Bartley, engineer, house 37 Richmond Street
Sources of Information
- ↑ British Steam Locomotive Builders by James W. Lowe. Published in 1975. ISBN 0-905100-816
- ↑ 'The Railway Times' p.347 27 April 1839