British L. M. Ericsson Manufacturing Co
of Beeston, Notts
1898 British office established by L. M. Ericsson and Co. of Stockholm.
1903 A private company was registered November 6th to acquire the UK business of Ericsson, a manufacturer of apparatus and appliances in connection with telephones and telegraphs. Capital provided in equal parts by L. M. Ericsson and Co. of Stockholm and National Telephone Co Ltd. Acquired and expanded the factory of the National Telephone Co Ltd at Beeston on a site originally used by Humber for manufacturing bicycles but since vacated.
1912 National Telephone Co Ltd was absorbed by the Post Office; their shareholding was taken over by Stockholm Ericsson Co, the directors and their friends. Ericsson's was formed into a public company.
1914 Telephone manufacturers in all its branches. Speciality: Ericsson telephones; office and other cabinet furniture. Employees 1,600 to 2,000. 
1926 Ericsson Telephones, formerly British L. M. Ericsson Manufacturing Co Ltd made public issue of shares to fund expansion of the business, particularly to manufacture automated telephone exchanges. in anticipation of expected demand. Beeston factory employed 2000. Capability of manufacturing other kinds of electrical apparatus.