Bulloch Lade and Co
10 Bothwell Street, Glasgow. "Distillers from malt only, at Loch Katrine Distillery, Camlachie, Glasgow, Caol Ila Distillery, Islay, and Benmore Distillery, Campbeltown."
1868 The firm built Benmore Distillery in Saddell Street, Campbeltown. This was unusual in that, until that time, Campbeltown distilleries had all been financed and owned locally. Its annual output was reported by Barnard to be 125,000 gallons.
1980. Part of Distillers Co
Sources of Information
- Post Office Glasgow Directory for 1918-1919
- The Times June 24, 1927
- National Records of Scotland BT2/3299
- National Records of Scotland BT2/13007
- Alfred Barnard "The Whisky Distilleries of the United Kingdom" (1887)
- Brian Townsend "Scotch Missed: The Original Guide to the Lost Distilleries of Scotland" (Fourth Edition 2015)
- David Stirk, The Distilleries of Campbeltown: The Rise and Fall of the Whisky Capital of the World (2019)
- Angus Martin "Campbeltown Whisky: An Encyclopaedia" (2020)