of Falls Foundry, Hackling, Belfast
The Falls Foundry was one of the main foundries in Belfast.
By the 1850s the firm had moved into the textile machinery business and was making carding machinery for long staple flax fibres. Later making machinery for preparing, spinning, and twisting flax. Presumably James Combe and Co
1860 James Barbour became a partner.
For a period from about 1880 to the end of the first world war, the Falls foundry also made large steam engines as part of their service to mill owners.
1890 Became a limited company with James Barbour as Chairman and R. Ardill as a Director.