Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,144 pages of information and 233,396 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Johnstone, Ayrshire.
1897 The name of the firm was changed to Crossley and Company.
1901 The works were moved to Manchester. At that time the drilling and boring machines, which Mr. Crossley had patented, were built by Messrs. George Richards and Company, of Broadheath.
Subsequently the firm was converted into a limited liability company.
Charles Crossley continued as a director until his death in 1941