Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,009 pages of information and 229,287 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "D. Davis and Sons"

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
Line 11: Line 11:
 
1922 The proprietors of Ferndale colliery were recorded as '''Davis and Sons'''
 
1922 The proprietors of Ferndale colliery were recorded as '''Davis and Sons'''
  
1927 See [[The Basic Industries of Great Britain by Aberconway: Chapter XVII|Aberconway Chapter 17]] for information on the company and its history.
+
1927 See [[The Basic Industries of Great Britain by Aberconway: Chapter XVII|Aberconway Chapter XVII]] for information on the company and its history.
  
 
1927 See [[The Basic Industries of Great Britain by Aberconway: Chapter XVIII|Aberconway Chapter XVIII]] for information on the company and its history
 
1927 See [[The Basic Industries of Great Britain by Aberconway: Chapter XVIII|Aberconway Chapter XVIII]] for information on the company and its history
  
1927 Chairman Sir [[D. R. Llewellyn]]. It had acquired [[Welsh Navigation Collieries]], and itself had subsequently been acquired by [[GKN|Guest Keen and Nettlefolds]].  
+
1927 Chairman Sir [[D. R. Llewellyn]]. It had acquired [[Welsh Navigation Steam Coal Co|Welsh Navigation Collieries]], and itself had subsequently been acquired by [[GKN|Guest Keen and Nettlefolds]].  
  
 
1930 Presumably amalgamated with other collieries into [[Welsh Associated Collieries]]
 
1930 Presumably amalgamated with other collieries into [[Welsh Associated Collieries]]

Revision as of 10:48, 10 July 2020

of Ferndale, South Wales

Successor to David Davis and Sons

1890 The company was registered on 3 May, to take over the colleries situated in the Rhondda Valleys, South Wales.

1894 In January, the colliery undertakings of A. Taylor and Co, adjoining the company's original properties, were aquired. [1]

1914 D. Davis and Sons were recorded as colliery proprietors

1922 The proprietors of Ferndale colliery were recorded as Davis and Sons

1927 See Aberconway Chapter XVII for information on the company and its history.

1927 See Aberconway Chapter XVIII for information on the company and its history

1927 Chairman Sir D. R. Llewellyn. It had acquired Welsh Navigation Collieries, and itself had subsequently been acquired by Guest Keen and Nettlefolds.

1930 Presumably amalgamated with other collieries into Welsh Associated Collieries


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908