Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,398 pages of information and 233,518 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "D. Davis and Sons"

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
(Sources of Information)
Line 28: Line 28:
{{DEFAULTSORT: Davis, D  }}
{{DEFAULTSORT: Davis, D  }}
[[Category: Town - Merthyr Tydfil]]
[[Category: Town - Aberdare]]
[[Category: Colliery  ]]
[[Category: Colliery  ]]

Revision as of 13:51, 11 July 2020

of Ferndale, South Wales

Successor to David Davis and Sons

1890 The company was registered on 3 May, to take over the colleries situated in the Rhondda Valleys, South Wales.

1894 In January, the colliery undertakings of A. Taylor and Co (or might this be A. Tylor and Co?), adjoining the company's original properties, were aquired. [1]

1896 Major explosion at their Tylorstown Collieries

1914 D. Davis and Sons were recorded as colliery proprietors

1922 The proprietors of Ferndale colliery were recorded as Davis and Sons

1927 See Aberconway Chapter XVII for information on the company and its history.

1927 Chairman Sir D. R. Llewellyn. It had acquired Welsh Navigation Collieries, and itself had subsequently been acquired by Guest Keen and Nettlefolds.

1930 Presumably amalgamated with other collieries into Welsh Associated Collieries

See Also


Sources of Information

  1. The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908