Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,863 pages of information and 230,109 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Imperial House, Kingsway, London W.C.2 (1926)
1909 The Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company (DELCO) was founded by Charles Kettering and Edward E. Deeds. Delco was responsible for several innovations in automobile electric systems, including the first reliable battery ignition system and the first practical automobile self-starter.
1916 United Motors Corporation consolidated many of the automotive accessory manufacturers to reduce duplication of products and services including the Dayton Engineering Laboratories Co., or Delco, to form United Motor Services Inc. (UMS) to sell and service parts.
1918 General Motors acquired United Motors Corporation.
1926 New showroom opened in London - Delco Light Co.
1936 British Delco company name removed from the UK register
1971 United Motor Services changed its name to United Delco Division.