Dominion Iron and Steel Co
Dominion Iron and Steel Co Ltd., of Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
1924 The works consisted of the following:
- Two Baum coal washers, capable of treating 4000 tons of coal daily;
- 150 non-recovery coke ovens with appliances for utilisation of surplus gas;
- 200 improved Otto-Hoffmann recovery coke ovens;
- 180 Koppers recovery coke ovens -some of these ovens were at present out of commission, but those in operation working together could have produced 2500 to 3000 tons of coke daily.
- There were seven American standard blast-furnaces capable of an output of 2000 tons of pig iron daily
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1924/08/01