Eccles Spinning and Manufacturing Co
of Winton, Eccles.
The Eccles Spinning and Manufacturing Company came into being following a meeting called by the Mayor of Eccles, in which concern was expressed at the decline in local industry. Two earlier Eccles mills had been destroyed by fire, resulting in significant local unemployment.
1906 Mill opened, it was designed by Potts, Son and Hennings of Manchester, Bolton and Oldham. The imposing mill was comprised of a multi-storey spinning mill, engine house and extensive weaving sheds.
1910 A thorough review of the mill is given in the article in The Engineer 1910/04/08.
For a number of years Great Universal Stores used the mill as a warehouse.
2010 Mill demolished.