Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,478 pages of information and 233,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1831 Established in 1831, Glenfyne was known alternatively as Glendarroch during its existence. However, Pigot's Directory of 1837 suggests the business of Henry Hoey and Co operated the distillery initially under the name of Glengilp.
1861 The name Glengilp was still being used, now by William Hay and Co. This remained the case in 1878, under William Smyth and Co. The distillery had become Glendarroch by the time of Alfred Barnard's visit, by which point the proprietor was William Gillies and the annual output was 80,000 gallons of malt whisky.