Guy Noble Taylor
Guy Noble Taylor (1861-1902) of the Madras Railway
1903 Obituary 
GUY NOBLE TAYLOR, third son of Mr. George Noble Taylor, of the Madras Civil Service, was born on the 8th July, 1861, end after being educated at Charterhouse, became a pupil at the Crystal Palace School of Engineering.
On the completion of that line he was transferred in February, 1884, to the Nizam’s Guaranteed State Railway, and was posted to the survey party for the first division of the extension. In the following December construction commenced, and Mr. Taylor was posted to the Bonagheer subdivision, about 30 miles in length.
About June, 1885, he was placed in charge of the plate-laying, which he superintended from Secunderabad to Warangal, 87 miles, occasionally as much as a mile and a half being laid during the day.
In April, 1886, the line to Warangal was opened by the Nizam, and Mr. Taylor was shortly after posted to the second division as Assistant Engineer, and stationed at Singareni, on the mineral branch, where great difficulty was experienced in arranging for labour, owing to the unhealthiness of the district and the denseness of the jungle. No. 2 district was opened for traffic in January, 1888, and about the following May Mr. Taylor was appointed District Engineer of No. 3 district, 70 miles of construction, which was opened for traffic in February, 1889.
From 1890 to 1893 he was associated with Mr. H. B. Molesworth as a contractor, and carried out several contracts on the East Coast Railway, the Hyderabad Deccan Collieries, the Nizam’s Railway and the Eastern Delta Canals.
Early in 1896 Mr. Taylor was appointed a District Engineer on the North-Western extensions of the Nizam’s Railway, on which line he served until he came to England, invalided, in 1900.
He died at his father’s house, 3 Clarendon Place, W., on the 5th December, 1902. Mr. Taylor was an extremely hard-working, conscientious and able engineer, and was universally esteemed for his strict integrity.
He was elected an Associate Member of the Institution on the 3rd May, 1887.