Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "Harrison and Harrison"

From Graces Guide
(Created page with "Harrison and Harrison")
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Harrison and Harrison
St John's Road, Meadowfield, Durham DH7 8YH
 
1861 The business was established in Rochdale by Thomas Hugh Harrison. He grew up in a family firm that made parts for the organ building trade and was later apprenticed to the organ builder Henry Willis. After a period as manager for the Bristol firm of William Allen, he set up on his own
 
1872 The business moved to the city of Durham. Thomas Harrison was joined in the business by his sons Arthur and Harry
 
1939 Incorporated as a private limited company, Harrison and Harrison Limited
 
1996 The company moved to new premises on the edge of the city
 
New instruments and rebuilds have been provided to customers including Durham Cathedral, the Royal Albert Hall, St Albans Abbey, Coventry Cathedral and St George's Chapel, Windsor

Revision as of 16:14, 21 May 2020

St John's Road, Meadowfield, Durham DH7 8YH

1861 The business was established in Rochdale by Thomas Hugh Harrison. He grew up in a family firm that made parts for the organ building trade and was later apprenticed to the organ builder Henry Willis. After a period as manager for the Bristol firm of William Allen, he set up on his own

1872 The business moved to the city of Durham. Thomas Harrison was joined in the business by his sons Arthur and Harry

1939 Incorporated as a private limited company, Harrison and Harrison Limited

1996 The company moved to new premises on the edge of the city

New instruments and rebuilds have been provided to customers including Durham Cathedral, the Royal Albert Hall, St Albans Abbey, Coventry Cathedral and St George's Chapel, Windsor