Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,442 pages of information and 227,382 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Institution of Gas Engineers

From Graces Guide

Revision as of 08:06, 29 March 2020 by PaulF (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

1890 The Institution of Gas Engineers was incorporated by a break-away group from the Gas Institute. William Foulis was one of the founders; he became a Member of Council, a Trustee, and President in 1896.[1]

1898 Mr Corbet Woodall, M. Inst. C.E. retired from the Presidency. The new President was Mr. G. E. Stevenson, M. Inst. C.E., the engineer of the Manchester Corporation gasworks.

1902 Amalgamated with the Incorporated Gas Institute

1925 The Council of the Institution of Gas Engineers nominated Dr. Charles Carpenter, C.B.E, president or the South Metropolitan Gas Co, for the award of the Birmingham Gold Medal, which is the highest distinction conferred for services rendered in the science and practice of gas engineering. [2]

1937 A new gas industry headquarters was opened at Gas Industry House, Grosvenor Place, London; it housed the Institution of Gas Engineers, the British Commercial Gas Association, the National Gas Council, the Women's Gas Council, the British Gas Federation and other organisations[3]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Engineer 1898/06/17
  2. The Engineer 1925/01/16
  3. The Times, Feb 20, 1937