Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,942 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
J. Tylor and Sons Ltd were sanitary engineers, brass founders, pump and petrol engine manufacturers.
of 75 Wood Street, London (1778-93)
of 3 Cripplegate Buildings (1794-1828)
of College of Physicians, Warwick Lane (later called 2 Newgate Street) (1829-91)
of 2 Newgate Street and Belle Isle, King's Cross (1892-1907)
of Belle Isle and 232 Tottenham Court Road (1908-56)
of Burgess Hill, Sussex from 1956.
1768/78 Company established by John Tylor, a Quaker, who was free of the Armourers' and Brasiers' Company in 1778.
Joseph Tylor, son of John, was later involved in the firm.
1818 John Tylor died
At first the company specialised in manufacturing tea-urns but gradually expanded its range of items.
1830 Partnership dissolved. '...the Partnership carried on between us the undersigned, Hayward Tyler, Henry Tylor, and Joseph Tylor, of Warwick-Lane, in the City of London, Brass-Founders, under the firm of Hayward Tyler and Company, has been dissolved by mutual consent; and in future the Brass-Foundery and Braziery business will be united and carried on under the firm of Henry Tylor, Joseph Tylor and Company, at Warwick-Lane...'
1839 Partnership dissolution of the business "...carried on between Mary Tylor and Joseph Tylor, under the firm of Henry and Joseph Tylor, as Braziers and Brass-Founders, at Warwick lane, London, .... the business will in future be carried on by the said Joseph Tylor and the undersigned Henry Tylor, under the firm of Joseph and Henry Tylor .
c.1879 see Tylor and Son of Warwick Lane
late 19th century: J. Tylor and Sons were known as hydraulic and sanitary engineers and brass founders and produced water meters, diving suits, soda syphons and urinals as well as many other items. The company appears to have responded quickly to new and growing markets and to have dropped unprofitable lines.
1888 Issued catalogue on positive water meters, bascule meters and inferential meters. 
1889 Positive and inferential water meters. 
1890 The firm became a limited company, known as J Tylor and Sons Ltd. The Partnership for some time past carried on by Joseph John Tylor, William Henry Tylor, Walter Brown Harvey Drayson, and Philip Bright, under the firm of J. Tylor and Sons, at Newgate street, in the city of London, in the trade or business of Engineers and Brass Founders, was dissolved on the 8th day of December, 1890, the date of registration of the company
1898 Incorporated as a Limited Company. The company was registered on 10 May, to take over the business of engineers of a company of the same name. / The preference shares were traded on the public market.
20th century: a line of bathroom requisites was developed, then the company became involved in the motor trade.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Marine Motors see the 1917 Red Book
1914 Hydraulic and Sanitary Engineers, Iron and Brass Founders. Specialities: Fittings and appliances for water supply and drainage, sanitary appliances generally, water waste preventing fittings, patent water meters, fire valves, hydrants, sluice valves etc., pumps and appliances for raising and distributing water, petrol motors and accessories. 
1920 Shares exchanged with E. G. Wrigley and Co
1920 Name changed to Tylors (Water & Sanitary) Ltd
1947 Name changed to Tylors of London Ltd
1956 The firm merged with HRI Flowmeters; all sanitary products were discontinued
1975 both firms were incorporated into the General Electric Company.