James Lowson ( -1942)
1942 Obituary 
JAMES LOWSON was educated at Dundee High School and at Glasgow Technical College (then known as the College of Science and Arts).
He joined the Glasgow firm of Messrs. W. C. Martin and Co. in 1894 and was for many years its senior partner. Among important work with which he was associated were electrical installations in famous Atlantic liners.
He joined The Institution in 1901 as an Associate, and was elected an Associate Member in 1903 and a Member in 1909. For 9 years he served on the Committee of the Scottish Centre and was Chairman in 1914.
As a volunteer he was an enthusiastic and popular officer, serving for 25 years in the 1st Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers and retiring with the rank of major. He took a deep interest in the Boys' Brigade, in which he was associated with the late Sir William Smith as a mounted officer for a number of years.
He was also a keen golfer