John James Pulleine
John James Pulleine (c1873-1941)
1941 Obituary 
JOHN JAMES PULLEINE was educated at Marlborough and at the Crystal Palace Engineering School, and after serving his apprenticeship from 1890 to 1895 in the locomotive shops of the London and South Western Railway at Nine Elms, he was placed in charge of the locomotive district at Dorchester, and was afterwards transferred successively to Woking, Guildford, Exeter, and Portsmouth. In 1902 he became locomotive and works engineer to the Demerara Railway Company in Georgetown, British Guiana.
From 1903 until 1907, he was manager of the Albion Sprinkler Company, London, and from 1907 to 1915, he was associated with Shropshire Lead Mines, Ltd., at the Bog Mines near Minsterley. In 1915 he joined the R.A.S.C. in which he held the temporary rank of captain, and took charge of mechanical transport supplies, under the Ministry of Munitions. He became controller of mechanical transport to the Disposals Board in 1919, and was stationed at various centres in France and Germany until his retirement in 1921.
Mr. Pulleine, whose death occurred on the 8th January 1941 in his sixty-eighth year, was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1907.