John Wallace and Sons, Agricultural Implement Manufacturers, of Graham Square, Glasgow; works at Paton St, Glasgow, and later a holding company.
1857 Company founded.
1894 June. Royal Agricultural Society's Show. Potato Digger 
1896 Limited company registered.
1911 Potato digger exhibited
1914 New works at Paton St, Glasgow.
1918 Entered contract with British Motor Trading Corporation to supply the whole production of Glasgow tractors for 5 years from 1920.
1919 The largest maker of agricultural implements in Scotland
1920 Wallace Farm Implements Ltd was acquired by a new public company Wallace (Glasgow)
1920 Produced the Glasgow engine in 3 and 6-8 bhp sizes. 
1924 Private company.
1926 Silver medal at the Royal Show
1946 Public offer for sale of shares
1955 Acquired A. Baird and Sons, motor vehicle distributor and electrical retailer
1960 Acquired Claridge, Lewis and Jordan, printers, of Wardour St, London, and Praills (Hereford)
1961 Manufacturers of agricultural machinery and implements including elevator potato diggers, spinner potato diggers, grain drills and turnip sowers. 100 employees. 
1962 Acquired Polarcold, Tropical Packers (Cheshire and Brierly and Kershaw and its subsidiary Crawford Machinery
1963 Stenhouse Holdings acquired a substantial interest in the company and appointed a new chairman. Rights issue to reduce the company's overdraft.
1964 Acquired 6 Leicester hosiery and knitware companies
1965 Acquired Marlowe (Upholstery) of Rutherglen, which would complement the furniture and timber companies in the group, Arthur Productions (Clydebank) and Graham and Wylie; Gallagher Brothers (Wigan) and Riordan Engineering (Camberley)
1970 Stenhouse Holdings acquired the rest of the shares in the company that it did not already own
1972 British Electrical Repairs was sold