Victoria Works, Gorton, in the 1920s
Kendall and Gent Machine tool makers, originally of Victoria Works, Springfield, Salford. In the 1890s they moved to a new works, also called 'Victoria Works' in Gorton, Manchester.
- 1849 Company established.
- 1873 (1 volume; in German) Illustrated sales catalogue.
- 1876 Details of their screwing machine with releasing motion. 
- 1900 Plano-milling machine and others at the Paris exhibition. Article and illustration in 'The Engineer'. 
- 1904 Incorporated as a limited company.
- 1911 Produced a Break Lathe; screwing machine.
- 1914 Machine tool makers. Specialities: patent screwing and tapping machines, Dixon's patent radial drilling and tapping machines, milling machines, cutter grinding machines. 
- 1920 September. Exhibited at the Machine Tool and Engineering Exhibition at Olympia with milling machines. 
- 1961 Machine tool makers. 
Sources of Information
-  Manchester Archives
- Machine Tools by James Weir French in 2 vols. Published 1911 by Gresham