Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,171 pages of information and 233,417 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Klaxon Co, of Birmingham, originally the British operating company of the Klaxon Company of USA
of 36 Blandford Street, London, W1. Telephone: Welbeck 8367/8/9. Telegraphic Address: "Klaxonet, London". (1937)
1909 Company founded.
1919 January. Advert for the Klaxon warning signal for vehicles. 
1921 Private company.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Fractional H.P. Motors and Geared Motor Units. Generators. Regulators. Relays. Transformers. Grinding Machines. Industrial Signals and Sirens. Fire and Burglar Alarms. Staff Locators. Electric and Hand Operated Horns. Push Buttons. Electric Sign Flashers. (Stand No. Cb.316) 
1947 Company made public.
1961 Electrical engineers and manufacturers of fractional H.P. motors, warning signals and windscreen wipers. 
1908 Miller Reese Hutchison patented the mechanism of the klaxon.
The Lovell-McConnell Manufacturing Co. of Newark, New Jersey bought the rights to the device. Franklyn Hallett Lovell Jr. coined the name klaxon from the Ancient Greek.
1918 General Motors acquired Klaxon along with other component suppliers. Klaxons became standard equipment on General Motors cars.
The English company, Klaxon Signals Ltd., has been based in Oldham, Greater Manchester, for the last 80 years, with premises also in Birmingham.