Lawes Chemical Manure Co
of 59 Mark Lane, London (Head Office). Factory at Creekmouth, Barking Creek, Essex
1872 John Lawes sold his company, John Bennet Lawes and Co, which was renamed Lawes’ Chemical Manure Co Ltd. J B Lawes stayed on as a consultant. William Colchester, a former competitor and one of the investors, became Chairman.
1872 The company was registered on 23 May.
Later became Lawes Chemical Co
Sources of Information
- Chemicals from Coal, by C A Townsend 
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908