Lilley and Skinner
of 1-2 Paddington Green, London
Makers of shoes.
1835 Thomas Lilley opens a shoe shop in Southwark, London.
1850s Factories were opened in Northamptonshire.
1870s Headquarters of the company moved to Paddington Green.
1894 The company was registered on 20 July, to acquire the business of wholesale and retail boot makers of the firm of the same name. 
1956 Merger with Saxone Shoe Co
1990s British Shoe Corporation broken up.
2008 Company now owned by Stead and Simpson.
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- The Times Feb 02, 1957
- The Times, Jan 23, 1962
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5