Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 139,005 pages of information and 225,313 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
c.1877 Three 10 HP hot air engines were supplied by A. and F. Brown of New York to drive the generators for the light and the air compressors for the fog signals. The flywheels were 8 ft 6" diameter and ran at 60 rpm.
1908 Three hot bulb engines by Richard Hornsby and Sons were installed to replace the hot air engines, driving De Méritens magnetos. Serial Nos. 30338-40. A fourth was installed in 1921 to repalce the Priestman engine.