of Maconochie Wharf, Millwall, London, E
1873 Company was set up by Archibald and James Maconochie at Lowestoft, Suffolk. Their Factory No 1 was used for bottling and preserving fish.
c1880s The company were producing "other preserved provisions", including bottled fruit.
By the time of the Boer War they had moved into canning meat and vegetables and became a major supplier to the British Army.
c.1900 A second factory had been established in Lowestoft
1903 Pan Yan pickle was registered.
By the outbreak of World War One the brothers had opened food processing plants on the Isle of Dogs in London, in Hull, in Yorkshire and in Scotland.
1914 Manufacturers of pickles and sauces. Specialities: pickles, sauces, jams, marmalade, jellies, potted meats; preservers of fish, meat, vegetables etc. 
WWI Company supplied rations to the troops, who either loved or hated, (mostly the latter) the foods supplied. During this time, the company had food processing plants on the Isle of Dogs, London, in Hull, Yorkshire and other places.
By the early 1930s, the two factories in Lowestoft were owned by the Co-operative Wholesale Society.
WWII Opened a factory at Hadfield, near Glossop.
Sources of Information
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5
-  Brothers who fed an army
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- The Times, October 3, 1958
- The Times, June 21, 1967