Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Mallaig Extension Railway

From Graces Guide
Revision as of 19:18, 25 February 2012 by PaulF (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

The Mallaig Extension Railway runs from Banavie Junction (New) on the Banavie Pier branch of the West Highland Railway to Mallaig.

The previous "Banavie Junction" closer to Fort William was renamed "Mallaig Junction" upon opening of the Mallaig Extension Railway. The line is still open as part of the West Highland Line.

The railway received Royal Assent in 31 July 1894. The line opened on 1 April 1901. It is famous for the concrete structures built along the line by Robert (Concrete Bob) McAlpine, the most notable of which is Glenfinnan Viaduct.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information