Marconi-Osram Valve Co
of Brook Green Works, Hammersmith, London.
1920 Jan. Physical and Optical Societies Exhibition. Exhibited wireless telegraphy.
1927 Recorded as being a subsidiary of GEC
Continued to supply valves to Marconi.
1956 GEC purchased EMI's share in the M-O Valve company.
1958 Business had been focussed on thermionic devices for telecommunications, radar and military, and cathode ray tubes
1969 Formation of GEC Electronic Tubes to bring together M-O Valve Co and English Electric Valve Co, a company which would have half of UK valve production, the largest specialised valve manufacturer outside USA.
Sources of Information
- The Engineer of 16th Jan 1920 p62