Consulting engineers and patent agents
1889 Edward Charles Robert Marks joined the firm
1892 of 13 Temple Street, Birmingham
1893 The firm became large enough to move its headquarters to London, with branches in Birmingham and Manchester. Advertised the patents agency as The "Practical Engineer", Patent Agency
1895 Patent agents, of 18 Southampton Buildings, London WC (ie close to the Patent Office at no.25)
1914 operated from Lincoln's Inn Field, London.
Also developed a number of cliff railways and steep-incline tramcar systems, as well as the design of the new Gothic pavilion at Aberystwyth Royal Pier.