Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,095 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
A Class 'D' viaduct a short distance west of Liskeard.
147 feet (45 m) high, 954 feet (291 m) long on 14 piers
Replaced by a new stone viaduct with cast iron parapets on 25 February 1881.
In 1855 two of the piers then under construction collapsed. Brunel inspected them and rebuilt them the following year to his original design.
This is the largest of the conventional viaducts and is generally held to be the most attractive. The line that runs below this viaduct is the Liskeard and Looe Railway. To the south can be seen Coombe Junction Halt while to the north is the remains of Moorswater yard, still used by cement trains. Beyond this the Liskeard and Caradon Railway used to rise up onto the hills to serve various granite quarries.