Newton and Co
of 3, Fleet Street, Temple Bar, London. (1893).
of 72 Wigmore Street, London, W. (1914)
Ditto Address. Telephone: Welbeck 4131 (2 lines). (1947)
c.1704 The exact date the company was established is not known, but the signature of J. Newton, the then head of the firm, with the date 26 October 1704 (the year before his relation, Sir Isaac Newton, was knighted) proves the existence of the business early in the reign of Queen Anne. It is the oldest firm of scientific instrument makers in the world.
1850 the partners were W. E. and F. Newton.
1891 The proprietors were Frederick Newton and his son
1893 An optical lantern for scientific use. 
1901 Presumably one of the 3 suppliers to the Admiralty of wireless telegraphy equipment, the order totaling 54 sets
1910 Exhibited at the Physical Society's Exhibition
1911 Newton and Wright incorporated as a private company
1914 Opticians and manufacturers of scientific and electrical instruments. Specialities: optical lanterns and slides; are also ophthalmic and sight testing opticians.  Partners: H. C. Newton and R. S. Wright. Specialities: Optical Lanterns and Slides. The company are also Ophthalmic and Sight Testing Opticians. Royal Warrants to His late Majesty King Edward and H.M. King George V. Hold an appointment to the Royal Institution of Great Britain. Makers of scientific instruments, etc., to the Admiralty, War Department, H.M. Training Ships, Indian and Foreign Governments, Board of Education, South Kensington, etc.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Epidiascopes, Diascopes for Slides and Filmstrip, Projection Microscopes, Slides all subjects, Medical, Scientific, Educational, Religious, Historical, Art. Special Subjects to order. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. D.1693)