North Western Railway of India
North Western Railway (NWR) was a railway company in India during British rule.
1886 Established under the name of North Western State Railway by merging the Scinde, Punjab and Delhi Railway, Punjab Northern Railway, Indus Valley State Railway, eastern section of Sind-Sagar Railway, southern section of Sind Pishin Railway, and Kandhar State Railway.
1886 Renamed as the "North Western Railway"
1889 June 16th. The line between Karachi City and Kiamari was opened
1897 The line from Keamari to Kotri was doubled.
1947 A major portion of North Western Railways 5,048 mile was transferred to Pakistan, and the remaining 1,947 miles transferred to Indian control.
1961 February. Renamed the Pakistan Western Railway
1974 May. Renamed the Pakistan Railways