Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,109 pages of information and 233,634 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "Parsons Motor Co"

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 8: Line 8:
 
[[image:Im1934EnV158-p440b.jpg|thumb| 1934.]]
 
[[image:Im1934EnV158-p440b.jpg|thumb| 1934.]]
 
‎‎
 
‎‎
 
 
'''Parsons Oil Engine Co''' of Town Quay Works, Southampton, makers of marine and automotive engines.
 
'''Parsons Oil Engine Co''' of Town Quay Works, Southampton, makers of marine and automotive engines.
  
Line 14: Line 13:
  
 
1904 Public company: [[Parsons Motor Co]]
 
1904 Public company: [[Parsons Motor Co]]
 +
 +
1906 March. Details of the Parsons marine motor.<ref>[[The Autocar 1906/03/03]]</ref>.
  
 
1908 Company made private.
 
1908 Company made private.

Latest revision as of 10:53, 16 December 2020

‎‎

1906.
1909.
1913.
1914.
1922.Portable Pumping Set for China.
1925.
1927.
1934.

‎‎ Parsons Oil Engine Co of Town Quay Works, Southampton, makers of marine and automotive engines.

1904 Company founded by Harry Parsons to develop the paraffin engine (an oil engine with electric ignition) for marine and stationary purposes.

1904 Public company: Parsons Motor Co

1906 March. Details of the Parsons marine motor.[1].

1908 Company made private.

1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Marine Motors see the 1917 Red Book

1920 April. Issued catalogue on their marine installations including auxiliary yachts, commercial craft, motor cruisers, Government craft and motor launches [2]

1922 See Parsons Motor Co: 1922 Parsons Engines Catalogue

The name of the company was "successively changed" to Parsons Engineering Co, which went public again in 1946[3]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. The Autocar 1906/03/03
  2. The Engineer of 30th April 1920 p438
  3. The Times, Aug 19, 1946