Paterson and Cooper
Paterson and Cooper of Westminster, Electrical Engineers and Contractors.
1883. Charles Friend Cooper was employed by Messrs. Paterson and Cooper, Telegraph Works, Pownall Road, Dalston, London, E.
Made the first (Gower Bell) telephones for the Post Office, and the first ammeter, the invention of Ayrton and Perry.
1885 Exhibited the Phoenix dynamo, in a wide range of sizes, as well as other electrical instruments; also showed Phoenix arc lamps
1889 Exhibited parts demonstrating the process of manufacture of armatures as well as some switches and measuring instruments.
The instrument Department made some of the first electromagnetic instruments, including dead-beat electromagnet instruments, which enabled large currents to be measured with accuracy.
1894 Hermite Electrolysing Apparatus.
1896 Placed into bankruptcy
1897 Payment of dividend under the Court of Bankruptcy by Edward James Paterson of 125, Queen's-road, Finsbury Park, in the county of London, carrying on business with Charles Friend Cooper as Paterson and Cooper, at the European Works, Pownall-road, Dalston, in the county of London, and at 3, Princes- mansions, Victoria-street, in the city of Westminster, and 137, West Regent-street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland.
1901 Patent on a Thermo-Electric Element by E. Hermite and C. F. Cooper
1901 Payment of second dividend
Succeeded by Foxcroft and Duncan of Dalston.
Sources of Information
- The Morning Post, Friday, March 16, 1883
- The Engineer 1885/07/03
- London Gazette 25 Aug 1896
- London Gazette 28 May 1897
- London Gazette 2 April 1901
- The Engineer of 13th April 1894 p316